As the chief law officer of the Government of India, the duties of the AG include the following:
- To give advice to the Government of India upon such legal matters, which are referred to him by the president.
- To perform such other duties of a legal character that are assigned to him by the president.
- To discharge the functions conferred on him by the Constitution or any other law.
The president has assigned the following duties to the AG:
- To appear on behalf of the Government of India in all cases in the Supreme Court in which the Government of India is concerned.
- To represent the Government of India in any reference made by the president to the Supreme Court under Article 143 of the Constitution.
- To appear (when required by the Government of India) in any high court in any case in which the Government of India is concerned.
- GPSC Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2019 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes