- Singapore Changi airport got world’s tallest 131-ft indoor waterfall
- The world’s tallest indoor
waterfall, 131-foot-tall, opened for the general public at
Singapore’s Jewel Changi Airport.
- The waterfall is housed
inside a dome-shaped complex which has gardens growing over four storeys, more
than 280 retail and food outlets, a hotel and a movie theatre.
- The structure also has a botanical garden with 120 species of plants.
- Indonesia releases special stamp on the theme of Ramayana
- Indonesia has released a special commemorative stamp on the theme of Ramayana to mark the 70th anniversary of the establishment of its diplomatic ties with India.
- The stamp has been designed by renowned Indonesian sculptor Padmashri Bapak Nyoman Nuarta.
- It featured a scene from Ramayana in which Jatayu valiantly fought to save Sita.
- India’s Ambassador Pradeep Kumar Rawat and Indonesia’s Vice Foreign Minister Abdurrahman Mohammad Fachir attended the event.
- Indonesias Mount Agung has erupted again
- The active volcano of Indonesia
Mount Agung has erupted again to a height of 2km. Two
other volcanoes popular with tourists Mount Bromo in East Java and Mount Merapi
in Yogyakarta also continues to erupt.
- Mount Agung is an active volcano in Bali of Indonesia. Mount Agung stratovolcano is the highest point on Bali.
Gk bit: Classification
- A popular way of classifying magmatic volcanoes is by their frequency of eruption,
- Those that erupt regularly called active
- Those that have erupted in historical times but are now quiet called dormant or inactive
- Those that have not erupted in historical times called extinct
- The lifespan of a volcano can vary from months to several million years, making such a distinction sometimes meaningless when compared to the lifespans of humans or even civilizations. For example, many of Earth’s volcanoes have erupted dozens of times in the past few thousand years but are not currently showing signs of eruption. Given the long lifespan of such volcanoes, they are very active. By human lifespans, however, they are not.
- World Malaria Day observed on April 25
- World Malaria Day is an international event observed every year on 25 April, to spread awareness about malaria disease globally and to promote efforts to prevent malaria around the world.
World Malaria Day 2019 Theme:
- The theme of World Malaria Day 2019 is “Zero malaria starts with me.”
- World Malaria Day was developed from Africa Malaria Day which was first held in 2008. It is basically an event that had been observed since 2001 by African governments.
- Malaria is mosquito-borne infectious disease and is caused by the Plasmodium parasite. The parasite can be spread to humans through the bites of infected female Anopheles mosquitoes called ‘malaria vectors’.
- ETMONEY becomes Indias first comprehensive financial services app to integrate UPI
- India’s largest app for financial services, ETMONEY has
integrated Unified Payment Interface (UPI) as a payment
method on its platform as it looks to double its monthly user base by the end
of the year.
- The integration of UPI will simplify the mutual fund
paymentexperience for millions of ETMONEY users as the company
continues its journey to simplify the financial lives of new age Indians.
- In addition to this new payment feature, the platform will
continue to support payments through Netbanking and Debit Card.
- ETMONEY recently crossed the landmark of Rs.2,000 crores of
money invested in Mutual Funds through its platform. It is also adding more
than Rs.150 Crores in new investment transaction value every month from
investors across 1,200 cities. The company is aiming to grow to Rs.5,000 Crores
in mutual fund transactions in the next 12-18 months, reaffirming its position
as India’s largest digital-first financial services platform.
- ETMONEY is owned by Times Internet which is a part of the Times Group.
- GPSC મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ પરીક્ષા 2022- ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ્સ અને મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC વિગતવાર સંપૂર્ણ પ્રારંભિક નોંધો 2022