- Rs 2,000 crore under AMRUT for 31 Gujarat cities
- The central government has committed financial assistance of Rs 2,070 crore for development of 31 cities in the state under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
- The 31 cities included Ahmedabad, Dwarka, Jamnagar, Gandhinagar, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Godhra, Porbandar, Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara.
- The Union government had committed financial assistance of Rs 35,989.70 crore for development of 500 cities nationwide under AMRUT, of which Rs 2,069.96 crore was for 31 cities in Gujarat
- The total allocation for the 31 cities is Rs 4,884.42 crore, the reply stated, adding that the rest of the amount would be pooled in by the Gujarat government. It said that Rs 414 crore had already been released by the Union government to Gujarat.
· World Health Day is celebrated on 7th April
- The World Health Dayis a global health awareness day organized globally on 6th April.
- World Health Day is one of the eight official health campaigns which are marked by the World Health Organization.
- With an aim to spread awareness about health and well being, the first-ever World Health Day was observed in 1948 by the WHO.
- The theme of World Health Day isUniversal health coverage: everyone, everywhere. The slogan is “Health for All”.
- Exercise Gaganshakti-2018
- An all encompassing coordinated and composite exercise named Gaganshakti is being conducted by the IAF from 08-22 Apr 18.
- The aim of this exercise is real time coordination, deployment and employment of Air Power in a short & intense battle scenario.
- During Gaganshakti IAF will exercise the entire machinery to validate its concept of operations and war waging capability.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs to launch first ever “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra”
- The Ministry of Tribal affairs has approved establishment of the first multipurpose “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” on pilot basis for establishment in Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh State.
- It has been setup for providing skill upgradation and capacity building training and setting up of primary processing and value addition facility.
- This first model Van Dhan Vikas Kendra is being implemented for training of 300 beneficiaries with a total outlay of Rs 43.38 lakhs for training, providing equipment’s & tools for primary level processing and infrastructure & building for housing the Kendra.
- Khadi Store Locator App Launched
- The 9th National Board of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) met in New Delhi.
- The Minister of State for MSME, Giriraj Singh chaired the meeting.
- The Minister launched a mobile phone application for locating 4,000 Khadi stores in the country.
- There are more than 8,000 Khadistores in India, the rest of stores will also be available on the store locater by the end of this month.
- This was informed by Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman KVIC in the board meeting.
· Deepak Lather Becomes Youngest Weightlifter To Win Medal
- Teenager Deepak Latherbecame the youngest Indian weightlifter to claim a Commonwealth Games medal, clinching a bronze in the men’s 69kg category.
- The 18-year-old from Haryana lifted a total of 295kg (136kg+159kg) to finish third after his nearest rival, Vaipava Loane, fouled his last two lifts to end with a total of 292kg.
- He held the 62kg category national record at 15.
- He trained at the Army Sports Institute as a diver before being pushed into weightlifting by the coaches there.
· Central Government and Maharashtra World Bank Sign 420 Million Dollar Project
- The Centre, Maharastra Government and the World Bank have signed a 420 million dollar projectto help small and marginals farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha region of the state.
- This project will help in increasing climate resilient practices in agriculture and ensuring that farming continues to remain a financially viable activity for them.
- The Maharashtra Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture will be implemented in rural areas largely dependent upon rain-fed agriculture.
- The project will take up a series of activities at the farm and watershed level.
· India’s best ‘State of the Year’ award goes to Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh bagged the ‘State of the Year’ Awardfor its remarkable progress in business and services activities in various sectors of the state.
- The remarkable jump is the result of policy decisions taken in the field of business by Chhattisgarh government in the past few years and its effective implementation.
- Union Information Technology and Electronics Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad gave the award at India Business Leader Awards (IBLA)event. The award was received by Chhattisgarh Revenue, Higher Education, Skill Development and Technical Education Minister Prem Prakash Pandey.
- On the occasion, the minister attributed the growth of the state to the BJP government which has been in power since 2003 in the state.
The state government has successfully completed 14 years under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh.GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022