· SCET ties up with UK-based Derby University
ð A college of South Gujarat has signed an agreement with the United Kingdom-based DerbyUniversity. The students of Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology (SCET) after successful completion of two years of study in Surat, will be able to get admission for graduation course at Derby University.
Representatives of SCET from Sarvajanik Education Society Trust and Derby University announced the development and said that students from Sarvajanik School of Interior Design (SSID) can study first two years of their autonomous diploma course in Surat.
- India to set up IAIARD in Malawi
- The Ministry of
External Affairshas signed an MOU with National Bank
for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service (NABCONS) for
setting up India-Africa Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development
(IAIARD) in Malawi.
would be a Pan-African Institute wherein trainees from
Malawi and other African countries, will receive training to develop
resources and build their capacity. IAIARD will impart
training in the areas of micro-financing and agro-financing, among
others. IAIARD is the first of its kind initiative undertaken in an African
country by India. IAIARD will further strengthen the bilateral relations with
Malawi and India’s relations with the African Union.
- NABARD Consultancy Services (NABCONS) is a fully owned subsidiary promoted by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). Nabcons is engaged in providing consultancy in all spheres of agriculture, rural development, and allied areas.
- National Maritime Day: 5 April
- 5 April marks the National Maritime Day of India.
- On this day in 1919, navigation history was created when SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd. journeyed to the United Kingdom.
- It was a crucial step for Indian shipping history when sea routes were controlled by the British.
- BSNL gets licence for WiFi on flights from DoT
- Bharatiya Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), a State-owned telecom
service provider, has received licence from
the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) to provide Internet and mobile services on flights. BSNL and its satellite
partner, Inmarsat, will be able to offer
in-flight connectivity to airlines once the ground infrastructure and
associated approvals are set.
- The DoT had notified its
rules in December allowing airlines flying within and transiting through India
to provide Internet and voice services on mobile phones along with an Indian
telecom operator or licencee. So far, SpiceJet has announced that it will offer
Internet access to passengers. Vistara has evinced interest in this
- According to the rules, passengers can make phone calls or use the Internet when a flight is at a minimum height of 3,000m in Indian airspace to avoid interference with terrestrial mobile networks.
- Phayeng Village of Manipur becomes Indias first carbon-positive settlement
- A village is given the Carbon-Positive Tag if it sequesters more carbon than it emits, slowing the
accumulation of greenhouse gases and mitigating the effects of climate change.
- As part of the carbon-positive village project,
Phayeng will receive a grant of Rs10
crore in phases to
facilitate afforestation in the catchment of river
Maklang that flows
along the village.
- Phayeng is a scheduled
caste village of
the Chakpa community in Imphal West district and its conservation efforts are
mainly linked to the belief that the forest is a sacred grove.
- It is surrounded by three densely forested hillocks with fruit trees at centre and a stream flowing through it.
- Indian Navy to acquire 6 lethal submarines under Project-75 India at Rs 50,000 crore
- Under Project
75-India, the Navy wants to
build six conventional diesel-electric submarines which would be almost 50 per cent bigger than the under-construction Scorpene class submarines being built at the Mazagon
Dockyards Limited in Mumbai.
- The submarines should have the ability to carry
and launch 18 heavyweight torpedoes in the sea.
- For the Indian Navy, the Project 75I-class
submarine is a follow-on of the Project 75 Kalvari-class submarines.
- The submarines will be equipped with heavy-duty firepower as it wants the boats to have at least 12 Land Attack Cruise Missiles (LACM) along with Anti-Ship cruise missiles (ASCM).
GK bit – Important projects of navy
- Some important projects that are a significant part of the weapon modernisation of Indian Navy have been planned to induct new and advanced weapons. These are
- Project 15 – The project is to develop Stealth Guided Missile Destroyers for the Indian Navy. These are INS Kolkata, INS Kochi and INS Chennai.
- Project 17A – It is a follow up of project 17 (Shivalik class frigate) which is to manufacture 7 frigates, which would be built by Mazagaon dock and GRSE.
- Project 75I – the project is for 6 diesel electric submarines. It is a follow up of project 75 (Kalvari class submarine)
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022