- UAE adopts National Artificial Intelligence Strategy 2031
- The UAE Cabinet has adopted the National Artificial Intelligence Strategy 2031.
- Its aims at positioning the UAE as a global leader in artificial intelligence by 2031 and to develop an integrated system that employs artificial intelligence in vital areas in the country.
- The strategy includes eight objectives and a number of initiatives, aimed at employing artificial intelligence in vital areas such as education, government services and the community wellbeing.
- Book on Jallianwala Bagh poem ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ released in UAE
- A book containing English translation of the 100-year-old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre, ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ has been released in Abu Dhabi.
- India’s Ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Singh Suri commended the launch of the book, saying the ballad is now reaching a global audience.
- The poem was translated by Mr Suri whose grandfather, revolutionary poet and novelist Nanak Singh, a Jallianwala Bagh survivor, wrote it after witnessing first-hand the events of April 13, 1919.
- The book was also released in New Delhi on April 13, marking 100 years since the Jallianwala Bagh massacre that took place in Amritsar.
- Indian Navy-Vietnam People’s Navy Bilateral Exercise Concludes
- The Indian Navy undertook the second edition of the bilateral maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and Vietnam Peoples’ Navy, (IN – VPN BILAT EX) at/ off Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam.
- The exercise was undertaken as a part of the ongoing Overseas Deployment of Eastern Fleet ships to South East Asian countries.
- Indian Navy launches Guided-missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- The Indian Navy launched guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’ at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders in Mumbai.
- Imphal is the third ship to be launched under a project in which ships are built to carry and operate two multiple role helicopters.
- Enhanced stealth features have been achieved through the shaping of hull and use of radar transparent deck fittings which make the ships difficult to detect.
- INS Shakti, INS Kolkata to take part in Chinese Navys 70th anniversary celebrations
- The two Indian Navy Ships (INS) are scheduled to visit
Chinese port of Qingdao from 21 to 26
April to participate in an International Fleet Review to
celebrate the 70th anniversary of People’s Liberation Army
- INS Kolkata is the lead ship of
the Kolkata-class stealth guided-missile destroyers of the Indian Navy.
- INS Shakti is tanker and supply ship.
- GSLV phase-4 programme got Cabinet nod
- The Union Cabinet approved continuation of the ongoing Geosynchronous
Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) programme phase-4 consisting
of five rocket
flights during 2021-2024.
GSLV programme phase-4:
- The phase four will enable the launch of two-tonne class
of satellites for geo-imaging, navigation, data relay communication and space
The total fund required for GSLV phase four completion has been pegged at Rs 2729.13 crore.
- This fund includes the cost of five Geosynchronous Satellite
Launch Vehicles (GSLVs), essential facility augmentation, programme management,
and launch campaign, along with the additional funds required for meeting the
scope of the ongoing programme.
- The GSLV continuation programme was initially sanctioned
and two phases have been completed and the third phase is
in progress and expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2020-21.
- GSLV Phase 4 continuation programme will meet the launch
requirement of satellites for providing critical satellite navigation services,
data relay communication for supporting the Indian human spaceflight programme
and the next interplanetary mission to Mars.
- It will also ensure the continuity of production in Indian
industry. It will also meet the demand for the launch of satellites at a
frequency up to two launches per year.
All the operational flights would be completed during the period 2021-24.
- The cabinet also gave ex-post facto approval to the
memorandum of understanding between India and Bolivia on cooperation in the field
of geology and mineral resources. The MoU was signed in Bolivia in March, 2019.
- The cabinet was also apprised of an MoU signed in May, 2018 between India and Brazil.
- India observes National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April
- The National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated
every year in India on 24th April. The Constitution of India
recognizes Panchayats as ‘Institutions of self-government’.This day
marks the passing of Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that
came into force with effect from 24 April 1993. The Amendment Act permits
states to take steps to organize village panchayats and provide them with
necessary powers and authority necessary to facilitate them to function as
units of self-government.
National Panchayati Raj Day:
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day was
celebrated in 2010. The enactment of the 73rd Amendment Act
had led a defining moment in the history of India which helped in the
decentralization of political power to the grassroots level. In turn, it had
led to the institutionalization of Panchayati Raj (PR) through the village,
Intermediate and District level Panchayats.
Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992:
The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 came into force with effect from 24th April, 1993. It has vested constitutional status on Panchayati Raj institutions. It marks a defining moment in the history of decentralization of political power to the grassroots level. The 73rd Amendment 1992 added a new Part IX to the constitution titled The Panchayats covering provisions from Article 243 to 243(O). A new Eleventh Schedule covering 29 subjects within the functions of the Panchayats. It implemented article 40 of DPSP which says that State shall take steps to organize village panchayats and endow them with such powers and authority as may be necessary to enable them to function as units of self-government.GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022