- 75 lakh to vote in south Gujarat today
- Around 75 lakh eligible voters would exercise their right to franchise on Saturday in the first phase of polling to elect representatives from 35 assembly seats in seven districts of south Gujarat, including Surat district.
- Polling would begin at 8 am and continue up to 5 pm at the booths, including in Surat city and district that have 40 lakh voters, who will vote for election of member of legislative assemblies (MLAs) from 16 seats. There are 176 candidates of different parties in fray in Surat city and district where a large number of polling stations have been classified as critical by the Election Commission of India (ECI).
- Bharuch district has more than 11 lakh voters who would be deciding the fate of candidates in five assembly constituencies of Jhagadia, Bharuch, Ankleshwar, Vagra and Jambusar. Dang and Tapi are tribal-dominated districts and they together have three assembly constituencies.
· Facebook Co founder Saverin becomes richest man in Singapore
- Facebook Co-founder Eduardo Saverin has become Singapore‘s richest person with a net worth of $10.4 billion.
Saverin became a Singapore resident after giving up his US citizenship in 2012.
· UAE launches its first astronaut programme
- Dubai’s ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has launched the UAE’s first astronaut programme.
- Earlier this year, the UAE had announced plans to send an unmanned probe to Mars by 2021.
· South Korea will have 85 robot volunteers at the Winter Olympics
- South Koreaannounced it will have 85 robots at the 2018 Winter Olympics, as volunteers.A humanoid robot has the ability to walk and will bear the Olympic torch in South Korea on December 11.
- 2018 Winter Olympics will start on February 9, 2018 in PyeongChang, South Korea.
- When the next Summer Olympics roll around, Japan hopes to have an entire “robot village” ready to aid and assist humans.
· Kacheguda Becomes Indias First Energy Efficient Railway Station
- Kacheguda railway station in Hyderabad division of the SCR (South Central Railway), becomes India’s ‘First’ Energy-Efficient ‘A1 Category’ Railway Station.
- It has achieved 100 per cent energy efficiency by replacing 1,312 conventional lights with light-emitting diode (LED) lighting, 370 ceiling fans with Brushless DC Electrical (BLDC) motors energy-efficient fans and 12 air conditioners with energy efficient inverter type ACs.
· Goa CM to unveil Indias first mobile food testing lab
- India’s ‘first’ mobile food testing laboratory, which will enable on-the-spot food safety tests to be conducted in Goa, would be launched by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikaron December 10, 2017.
- “This is the first ever ‘Food Safety on Wheel’ mobile laboratory in the country.
- The vehicle is equipped to conduct on-the-spot tests to check the food quality. It will also check the hygiene level of water, he said adding that the results can be received within15 minutes.
- The mobile laboratory costs Rs 45 lakh and it has been fully funded by the Centre.
- First-time ever in India: The Global Partnership Summit 2017
- The Global Partnership Summit (GPS) 2017 is scheduled to be held at Aerocity, New Delhi from 11th to 14th December 2017.
- India Center Foundation (ICF), a not for profit and non-governmental organisation, which has been working for over two decades towards nation’s socio-economic development, will organise it in India for the first-time ever.
- The GPS will focus on clean energy, healthcare, infrastructure and logistics, energy, tourism, art and culture, agro economy, banking and finance, education and skill development and information communication technology.
- Sports Minister Col Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurates SAICON 2017
- The First International Conference on Sports Medicine and Sports Sciences SAICON 2017 was inaugurated in New Delhi by the Minister of State (I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore.
- He said contribution of Sports Science will become important under the Khelo India Programme launched by his ministry.
- He said in accordance with the intentions of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi of empowering youths, ‘Khelo India’ programme has been chalked out to tap talent at the school and college level.
· Shah Rukh Khan named top Indian actor of 2017 by IMDb
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan has been named the top Indian actor of 2017 by Internet Movie Data Base(IMDb).
- Aamir Khan and Salman Khan occupied the second and third spots respectively.
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022