About 100 students from Gujarat stuck in epidemic-hit China
- the Gujarat government said 100 students mostly studying medicine from the State are stuck in China
- Coronavirus, officially described as 2019-nCoV, cases were first reported from Wuhan, the capital of central China’s Hubei province. A few cases have been found in other countries including South Korea, Japan, Thailand and the United States. The virus can cause fever, coughing, sneezing and pneumonia.
Govt signs accord with NDFB, ABSU to resolve Bodo issue
- to redraw and rename the Bodoland Territorial Area District (BTAD) in Assam, currently spread over four districts of Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri.
- villages dominated by Bodos that were presently outside the BTAD would be included and those with non-Bodo population would be excluded
- The memorandum of settlement says that the criminal cases registered against members of the NDFB factions for “non-heinous” crimes shall be withdrawn by the Assam government and in cases of heinous crimes it will be reviewed.
Agri products testing laboratories set up by APEDA
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has added 135 laboratories to existing 51 recognized laboratories.
- With this initiative APEDA recognition of laboratories has reached 186 laboratories across the country.
- The number of laboratories has increased in states with exporting potential like Maharashtra (35), Gujarat (23), Andhra Pradesh & Telangana (10), Tamil Nadu (23) and Karnataka (17).
- Laboratory testing requirements are crucial in agri export supply chain.
3rd Global Potato Conclave
- PM addressed the 3rd Global Potato Conclave at Gandhinagar, Gujarat through Video Conferencing today. The previous two Global Potato Conferences were organized during 1999, and 2008. The Conclave is being organized by Indian Potato Association (IPA) in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, and ICAR-Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla and International Potato Center (CIP), Lima, Peru.
- Scientists around the world, potato farmers and other stakeholders have gathered for the Global Potato Conclave to discuss the important aspects related to food and nutrition demand
Bhuvan Panchayat V 3.0 Web portal Launched
- Dr Jitendra Singh launched the Bhuvan Panchayat V 3.0 web portal in Bengaluru
- The Web Geo portal is an easy to use Geo portal developed for database visualization, data analytics, generation of automatic reports, model based products and services for the benefit of Gram Panchayat members and other stake holders. The targeted audience for this portal are Public, PRIs and different stakeholders belonging to the gram panchayats.
- ISRO launched SISDP project to assist Gram Panchayats at grassroot level with basic planning inputs derived from satellite data for preparing developmental plans, its implementation and monitoring the activities. SISDP phase I Project was successfully concluded in the year 2016-17.
10 more wetlands from India get the Ramsar site tag
- The numbers of Ramsar sites in India are now 37 and the surface area covered by these sites is now 1,067,939 hectares. Maharashtra gets its first Ramsar site (Nandur Madhameshwar) , Punjab which already had 3 Ramsar sites adds 3 more (Keshopur-Miani, Beas Conservation Reserve, Nangal) and UP with 1 Ramsar site has added 6 more (Nawabganj, Parvati Agra, Saman, Samaspur, Sandi and SarsaiNawar).
Jal Jeevan Mission tableau awarded as the best tableau in Republic Day Parade 2020GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022