Detailed probe sought into death of 36 flapshell turtles
The Gujarat Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (GSPCA) has demanded a police complaint and detailed inquiry into the death of 36 flapshell turtles in Vadorda
The turtles were found dead in Kamlanagar lake two days ago and the forest department has already begun inquiry into the matter.
India, France discuss issues of security, political importance
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Tuesday held a wide-ranging discussion with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian during which the two leaders discussed issues of contemporary security and political importance.
- Both agreed to address COVID-related challenges in health and aviation.
MyGov Corona Helpdesk bagged two awards
- AI enabled MyGov Corona Helpdesk bagged two awards under categories (1) “Best Innovation for Covid-19 – Society” and (2) “People’s Choice Covid-19 Overall Winner”, at the recently held CogX 2020, which is a prestigious Global Leadership Summit and Festival of AI & Emerging Technology held annually in London.
- The awards were won by Technical Partner of Mygov, JioHaptik Technologies Limited.
Loans worth more than Rs 1 lakh crore sanctioned under ECLGS
- Under the 100 % Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) backed by a Government guarantee , Banks from Public & Private Sectors have sanctioned loans worth over Rs. 1 lakh crore
- This would help more than 30 lakh units of MSMEs & other businesses restart their businesses post the lockdown.
- As part of the Aatmanirbhar package Government had announced its plans for Rs. 3 lakh Crore as additional credit to MSMEs and small businesses. Such enterprises were to be eligible to receive upto 20% of their existing borrowing as additional loans at interest rates which were capped.
Six new Additional Solicitors General appointed
- The Union government extended the term of K.K. Venugopal as the Attorney General (AG) for one year, Tushar Mehta as the Solicitor General (SG) for three years and appointing six new Additional Solicitors General (ASGs) besides extending the tenure of five existing ASGs.
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Giriraj Singh launches the first edition of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Newsletter “MatsyaSampada”
- Releasing the Operational Guidelines of the Pradhan Mantri MatsyaSampada Yojana, Shri Giriraj Singh expresses optimism that the PMMSY with diverse interventions along the fisheries value chain would revolutionize the fisheries and aquaculture sector
- The Newsletter would serve as an important medium for disseminating information among the stakeholders especially fishers, fish farmers, youth and entrepreneurs across the country, assist them and facilitate in ease of doing business.
- The Government of India in May, 2020 launched a new Flagship Scheme i.e. the Pradhan Mantri MatsyaSampada Yojana (PMMSY) for sustainable and responsible development of fisheries sector at an investment of Rs. 20050 crore.
PM FME (PM Formalization of Micro Food processing Enterprises) scheme
- PM FME scheme and Extended Operation Greens schemes launched under Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, would directly benefit farmers and micro entrepreneurs who contribute significantly to the Indian economy.
- The food processing industry provides employment to about 55 lakh people in rural areas and this sector is a ray of hope specially for those people who have returned to their villages and homes during Covid-19 crisis.
- Extended Operation Greens scheme, now all varieties of fruits and vegetables are included. This scheme would help in price stability and fair returns to the farmers.
- 50% subsidy for transportation of fruits and vegetables would be provided under this scheme.
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022