- Gujarat government centre to keep tabs on students, teachers
- The Gujarat government on launched a centralized command and control centre here to monitor the educational activities of thousands of government and aided schools across the state.
- It will track the attendance of students and teachers and allow officials to make data entry from schools they go to inspect through GPS-enabled tablets.
The data collected through the process would be analysed to improve the quality of education in schools.
- The centralized control centre will track the activities and attendance of nearly 2.5 lakh teachers, 70 lakh students in over 42,000 government and aided schools, besides monitoring the work of block and cluster resource coordinators and school inspectors.
- The government also launched the ‘Shala Praveshotsav 2.0’, ‘Mission Vidya’ and ‘Gunotsava 2.0’ annual programmes.
- Saudi Arabia becomes the first Arab country to be granted full membership of FATF
- Saudi Arabia has become the first Arab country to be granted full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- It has gained this status following the group’s Annual General Meeting in Orlando, Florida.
- The Kingdom had obtained observer status in the Group in June 2015 and completed the mutual evaluation process in June 2018.
- The FATF now has 39 full members, including the permanent members of the UN Security Council and most countries of the G-20.
- The group is responsible for issuing international standards, policies and best practices to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation.
- Mexico became the first country to ratify the trade deal to replace NAFTA
- Mexico became the first country to ratify the trade deal to replace 25-year-old North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- The trade deal is known as the United States- Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
The USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) modified for automakers, stricter labor, and environmental standards, intellectual property protections, and digital trade provisions.
- US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexico’s and President Enrique Pena Nieto signed the deal in November 2018 need to ratified by all three governments.
- Government to launch Universal Smart Card Driving License
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has decided to modify the format of driving licenses to smart card type driving licences.
- Ministry has prescribed a common standard format and design of the Driving Licence for the whole of the country.
- This Ministry, through its flagship application called SARATHI developed by NIC, has a common countrywide database of all driving license holders.
- The SARATHI application has the feature to identify duplicate records online in real time and access information about the challans if any.
- The code name of Balakot strike: Operation Bandar
- The air strike by the Indian Air Force (IAF) on a terrorist training camp in Balakot, Pakistan, was code-named ‘Operation Bandar’.
- It was IAF’s first strike inside Pakistan since the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
- The airstrikes were conducted 12 days after the terror outfit claimed responsibility for a suicide attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Kashmir.
- IAF had deployed 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets for the attack.
- The two pilots launched Israeli-made Spice 2000 satellite-guided bombs at the target.
- RBI advises commercial banks to adopt Education Loan Scheme
- Reserve Bank of Indiaadvised all Scheduled Commercial Banks to adopt Education Loan Scheme.
- The schemes are formulated by the Indian Banks Association.
- The salient features are Collateral free loans up to Rs 7.5 Lakh under the Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Education Loans (CGFSEL).
- No Margin for a loan up to Rs 7.50 Lakh.Repayment period of 15 years
Loan up to Rs 10 lakh for study in India and up to Rs 20 lakh for study abroad.
- One Year Moratorium for repayment after completion of studies in all cases.
Moratorium taking into account spells of unemployment/underemployment say two or three times during the life cycle of the loan.
- NSIC signs MoU with CSC e-governance services India
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) signed an MoU with Common Service Centres (CSC) e-Governance Services India to enhance new offerings for the MSME sector.
- This MoU enables CSCs to utilize a plethora of NSIC offerings through the NSIC portal.
- He facilitates VLEs and MSMEs through digital empowerment in accessing NSIC integrated support services encompassing Marketing, Finance, Technology.
- The MoU special focus on providing services to village level entrepreneurs (VLEs) to exponential growth of Village Entrepreneurs in the country.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022