- Call 112 for police, fire, ambulance services in Gujarat
- The Gujarat government has plans to have one number that is 112 for all the services in the state. This was announced by Minister of state for home Pradipsinh Jadeja.
The MOS said that so far for calling up police one needed to call 100, for fire brigade the number was 102 and for ambulance it was 108 and for women helpline it was 1091. The Government has now plan to integrate all these services into one number and just by dialing 112 the person will be able to lodge any complaint.
- World Consumer Rights Day: 15 March
- The World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD) is celebrated every year on March 15 to pay solidarity with the international consumer movement and give more attention to promote basic rights of consumers.
- It provides an opportunity to promote the basic rights of all consumers and demand those rights that must be respected and protected.
- The theme for World Consumer Rights Day 2018 will be ‘Making digital marketplaces fairer’.
- Finland tops 2018 global happiness index
- The World Happiness Report published ranked 156 countries by happiness levels, based on factors such as life expectancy, social support and corruption.
- According to report, Finland is the happiest place to live. Norway and Denmark ranked second and third respectively.
- India ranked 133rd in the report. Burundi ranked last in the index.
- Angela Merkel elected to fourth term as German chancellor
- Angela Merkel was sworn in as Chancellor of Germany after lawmakers voted to re-elect her as leader in a close vote on Wednesday morning.
- She will now begin a historic fourth term as Chancellor.
- The vote in parliament ended almost six months of political turmoil after the federal election.
- Indian film ‘Halkaa’ bags award at Montreal fest
- Indian filmmaker Nila Madhab Panda’s “Halkaa” has bagged the Grand Prix de Montreal at the gala.
- “Halkaa” was selected among seven international children’s films from different countries in the official competition of the festival.
- The film is a take on a slum child’s heroism, aspirations, and dreams.
- Stephen Hawking: Visionary physicist dies aged 76
- World renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76.
- The British scientist was famed for his work with black holes and relativity, and wrote several popular science books including ‘A Brief History of Time’.
- At the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of motor neurone disease.
- Stephen William Hawking was an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author and Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology within the University of Cambridge.
· IATA Partners With Civil Aviation Ministry in India
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) signed a MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the National Aviation University to enhance human resource availability in India’s aviation industry.
- Under the agreement, the signatory institutions would also leverage “the existing infrastructure for training in India to expand the reach of vocational training in aviation disciplines”.
- Pune tops in improved quality governance: Survey
- Pune has emerged as the top city to show improvement in quality of governance, according to a survey.
- The other cities that came in the top five include Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar and Surat.
- The survey was conducted by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy.
· Exports in February Up 4.5% To $25.8 Billion
- India’s exports grew by 4.5% in February-2018 to 25.8 billion dollars.
- It was 24.7 billion dollar during the same period in February-2017.
- This announcement was made by the Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia.
- During April to February period of the current fiscal, exports recorded a growth of 11% to $273 billion. Imports also rose by 10.4% to $37.8 billion during the last month.
- “Innovation Cell” to be set up in HRD Ministry to boost Innovation
- An Innovation Cell in the Ministry of Human Resource Development will be created to further strengthen the innovation efforts.
- It will be headed by a Scientist and comprise of a senior Ministry official and young professionals who bring to the table new ideas in promoting innovation.
- This was stated by Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar after a high level review meeting.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022