- Gujarat MPs fourth richest in India: ADR
- According to an analysis by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR), the average annual income of MPs in India was Rs 30.29 lakh. From the figures Gujarat’s MPs declared, their average income was Rs 59.5 lakh per annum, the fourth highest after Chandigarh, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa.
- Two MPs from Gujarat, Rajesh Chudaama (Junagadh) and Dipsinh Rathod (Sabarkantha), did not declare their incomes, according to the report. The report also puts two MPs from Gujarat among the 10 richest MPs.
- Finland tops Global Happiness Index for the second straight year
- Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world for the second year.
- Indian figures at 140th place, seven spots down from last year, on this year’s UN World Happiness Report.
- The report was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations on March 20 which was declared as World Happiness Day by the UN General Assembly in 2012.
- The report ranks countries on six key variables that support well-being: income, freedom, trust, healthy life expectancy, social support and generosity.
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed on 24 March
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed on 24 March each
year. World TB Day is marked by the World Health Organization (WHO). It is
designed to build public awareness about the global
epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the
disease. The theme of World TB Day 2019 is ‘It’s
- The date marks the day in 1882 when Dr.Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, Mycobacterium tuberculosis. His discovery opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
- Italy to join China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Italian Prime
Minister Giuseppe Conte pledged to make Italy the
first Group of Seven nation to join China’s ambitious Belt
and Road initiative (BRI).
- This move will help rebalance
Italy’s trade with the Asian nation.
- Four Italian ports could
reportedly be opened to Chinese investments for BRI.
- The US has warned Italy against joining the Chinese initiative.
- RBI Governor called for permanent status to Finance Commission
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta
status to Finance Commission. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
is also the member of the fifteenth finance commission.
- The permanent status will
ensure consistencies between finance commissions so that there is some
certainty in the flow of funds to states. The permanent
status will also provide for continuity between the successive finance
commissions. The establishment of the finance commission through permanent
status will also enable it to address issues arising from the implementation of the
recommendations of the finance commission during the intervening
- The RBI governor also called on for a robust expenditure planning without compromising on fiscal consolidation as fiscal federalism gathers momentum in the era of uniform goods and services tax (GST). The planning is to address the socio-economic challenges without diluting the goals of fiscal consolidation.
- Advanced electronic intelligence satellite to be launched on Apr 1: ISRO
- India on April 1 will launch an advanced electronic intelligence satellite – EMISAT, along with 28 other international satellites.
- India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), in its 47th mission (PSLV-C45), will launch EMISAT.
- The satellite is slated for liftoff at 0930 Hrs on April 1.
- EMISAT is a primary satellite jointly by developed ISRO and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and weighs around 436 kilograms.
- It will measure the electromagnetic spectrum in space.
- The 28 international customer satellites are from four countries – Lithuania, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
- Navin Chawla’s new book titled ‘Every Vote Counts’ islaunched
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla’s book ‘Every Vote Counts’ was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari in New Delhi.
- This book is about how the electoral machinery works in India.
- The book explains about India is on the cusp of change, and with its parliamentary elections coming up.
- 64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- The 64th Vimal Filmfare Awards 2019 kicked off at the Jio Garden in BKC, Mumbai.
Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor for Sanju
Best Actress: Alia Bhatt for Raazi
Best Film: Raazi
Best Director: Meghna Gulzar for Raazi
Best Playback Singer (Male): Arijit Singh for Ae Watan – Raazi
Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal for Ghoomar – Padmaavat
Best Music Album: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for PadmaavatGPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022