- Suzuki to start building second plant in Gujarat by 2021
- Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) is expected to begin construction of its second manufacturing plant in Gujarat by 2021. The Japanese auto giant intends to infuse Rs 9,000 crore for setting up a new facility at Vithalapur, some 35 kms from its existing plant in Hansalpur near Mehsana.
- The land acquisition for the new plant at Vithalapur is likely to be completed soon. Already in possession of 400 acres land, Suzuki is the process of acquiring another 100 acres and additional 60 acres will be allotted by the state government, said sources. “Once the construction of the third assembly line at Hansalpur is completed, the company will start building the new plant by 2021.
- INDO-Russian joint exercise INDRA 2018
- The joint military exercise between Indian and Russia EXERCISE INDRA 2018 on combating insurgency under the aegis of United Nations (UN) is being conducted at Babina Field Firing Ranges, Babina Military Station from 18 November 2018.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct to enhance interoperability of the two Armies in the peace keeping/ enforcement environment under the aegis of the UN.
- It is the tenth edition of Exercise INDRA series.
· World Antibiotic Awareness Week is observed from Nov 12 to Nov 18
- The main aimis to increase global awareness of antibiotic resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public.
- For 2018, the World Health Organization developed a range of materials for WAAW in all UN languages to help countries reflect their unique priorities.
- It would consist of a multi-day messaging campaign focusing on 5 “focus” days of tailored social media messaging around each of the Objectives.
- According to this, Ministries of Health will participate in WAAW 2018by marking all or just some of these “focus” days by speaking up on social media.
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World Diabetes Day is observed on 14 November. The day is observed by the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization on November 14 in response to the escalating health threat posed by diabetes.
- The theme for World Diabetes Day this year is “The Family and Diabetes”.
- Over 425 million people in the world are currently living with diabetes. Most of these cases are type 2 diabetes.
- Government Launches ‘LEAP’ and ‘ARPIT’ for higher education
- Satya Pal Singh, Minister of State, Ministry of Human Resource Development, launched two new initiatives; Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching (ARPIT).
- Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP)is a three weeks Flagship leadership development training programme (2 weeks domestic and one week foreign training) for second level academic functionaries in public funded higher education institutions.
- LEAP will fulfill this critical need which will make higher education institutions perform their roles of developing better students who will be future torch bearers
- Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT),a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty using the MOOCs platform SWAYAM.
· India celebrates the 130th birth anniversary of Pt Nehru
- The nation celebrates the 130th birth anniversary of Pt Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of independent India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the leader and remembered his contribution in India’s freedom struggle.
- Pt Nehru was born on November 14, 1889. He was known for his love for children and was fondly called Chacha Nehru. Before 1964, Children’s day was celebrated in India on November 20. It was observed as the Universal Children’s Day by the United Nations. But after Nehru’s death in 1964, the nation decided to celebrate his birthday asBal Diwas (Children’s Day) to honor his memory.
· Andhra Pradesh gets Offical State Emblem with Dhamma Chakka 4 Years after Bifurcation
- Nearly five years after the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh in 2014, the state has finalised its new emblem for official use.
- The state emblem consists of the Dhamma Chakkaor The Wheel of Law embellished with a ring of Triratnas alternating with pinnate leaves and precious stones.
- “Puna Ghataka” or “The vase of Plenty” is at the hub of the Dhamma Chakka.
- Further, the national emblem is placed at the bottom of the Andhra emblem.
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022