· Gujarat eyeing Germany’s dual-education system
- At a time when the country is grappling with serious problems of employability and talent crunch, Gujarat is looking at Germany’s dual-education system for a solution. In this model, young adults who have completed their schooling divide their time over the next two to three years between a vocational college and learning on the job for which they are paid a minimum stipend.
- This proposal is part of a committee report on ‘Proposed Action Plan For Quality Enhancement of State Universities In Gujarat, 2019’ which was prepared recently. The dual-education system has been adopted by many EU countries.
- It has found takers in China, Indonesia, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru as well.
- Italy to make climate change study compulsory in schools
- Italy will next year become the world’s first country to make it compulsory for schoolchildren to study climate change and sustainable development.
- All state schools would dedicate 33 hours per year, almost one hour per school week, to climate change issues from the start of the next academic year in September.
- Many traditional subjects, such as geography, mathematics and physics, would also be studied from the perspective of sustainable development.
· Centre plans to adopt several measures to tackle Stubble burning incidents
- Centre is planning to adopt several measures to tackle Stubble burning incidents. ICAR’s Creams Laboratory recorded a reduction of 12.01% in incidents of Stubble burning compared to the year 2018.
- Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Punjab have recorded a reduction of 48.2%, 11.7%, and 8.7%, respectively.
- A total of 31,402 burning incidents were detected in the three states between 1 October 2019 and 3 November 2019, among which 25366 in Punjab, 4414 in Haryana, and 1622 in Uttar Pradesh.
- As per the recommendations by the committee, the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has formulated a “Promotion of Agricultural Mechanization for In-Situ Management of Crop Residue in the State of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh & NCT of Delhi” Scheme which was included in the 2018-19 Budget.
- Under the scheme, the Central government allocated Rs.1151.80 crores for the period from 2018-19 to 2019-20. The scheme aims to combat air pollution. It also subsidizes machinery that is required for in-situ management of crop residue in the States of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, and NCT of Delhi. The scheme will provide financial assistance of 50% of the cost to the farmers who purchase the in-situ crop residue management machines on an individual ownership basis.
- Gujarat government gives nod for world’s first CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar
- Gujarat Government has given its nod to the world’s first CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar.
- The U.K. based Foresight group and Mumbai based Padmanabh Mafatlal group joint venture will invest Rs.1900 crore to set up a CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar port.
- The proposed CNG port terminal will have an annual capacity of 6 million metric tones, which will increase the total handling capacity of the port to 9 million metric tones.
- 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- The 550th birth anniversary of first Sikh guru and founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak Dev is being celebrated as Prakash Parv.
- Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent more than 15 years at Sultanpur Lodhi, where he attained enlightenment.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar will visit Huzoor Sahib Sachkhand Gurudwara in Nanded.
- Nanded holds great significance for Sikhs. It was in Nanded that the Tenth Guru of Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh Ji mandated that the Guru Granth Sahib will be the guiding light for the Sikhs like a true Guru in future.
- Guru Nanak Dev was born on the full moon day of Kartik month in 1469.
- Every year, the Prakash Parv is celebrated on the same day, also known as Kartik Poornima.
- Shafali Verma becomes the youngest Indian to score international fifty
- Fifteen-year-old Shafali Verma became the youngest Indian cricketer to score a half-century in international cricket.
- Her 49-ball 73 in the first T20 International against West Indies surpassing Sachin Tendulkar’s 30-year-old record.
- Shafali achieved the feat at 15 years and 285 days, surpassing batting legend Tendulkar, who had notched up his maiden Test fifty at 16 years and 214 days.
- Javelin thrower Sundar Singh wins gold in World Para Athletics Championships
- Javelin thrower Sundar Singh Gurjar has won India’s second gold defending his World Para Athletics Championships title in the men’s F46 javelin throw event in Dubai.
- With this, India has secured three Tokyo Paralympic Games quota, along with the bronze winner Ajeet Singh and Rinku.
- Gurjar came up with his season’s best effort of 61.22m to claim the top spot.
- India now has two gold, two silver and a bronze in the Championships.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022