· From class 1 to 11, Gujarat schools lose an alarming 57% of girls
ð Nearly six out of 10 girls who enrolled in Gujarat schools do not go beyond class X.
In class 1, the enrolment of girls is at 97.11%. The education momentum, however, fast loses steam as numbers slip steeply by the time these girls reach class 9 and 11. Only 41.5% girls enrol in class 11, an alarming drop of 57%, according to the ‘National Health Profile 2019’ report released recently.
ð This is 14.4% below the national average of 55.91% girls in age 14-17 who enrolled for class 11 and 12.
ð The report released by Central Bureau of Health Intelligence of the Union ministry of health and family welfare has analysed 2016-17 data provided by the human resources development ministry.
ð The state of education comes as a shocker as Gujarat lags behind BIMARU states barring Bihar in enrolment of girls in higher secondary classes. The percentage of girls in Classes 11-12 in UP is 57.46, in Rajasthan it is 53.6, and in MP it is 45.84.
ð Ironically, girls outperformed boys in primary schools with 99.11% enrolment against 94.12% for boys. These numbers dipped to 68% for girls and 80% for boys in secondary classes of 9-10. In class 11-12, girls’ presence further dwindled to 41.5% while boys’ remained only slightly better at 44.6%.
ð The report also put the total enrolment in higher secondary classes at 43.17%. The national ratio for the year 2016-17 was 55.4%.
· Piyush Goyal to participate in 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet in Brasilia
- The 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet focussed on opportunities for enhanced intra-BRICS trade and investment cooperation. Issues like cooperation in e-commerce, investment facilitation, MSMEs, Intellectual Property Right, will be discussed during the meet.
- The important outcome of the Ministerial meeting under the current Brazilian Presidency is the signing of an MoU among Trade and Investment Promotion Agencies of BRICS countries that help foster close collaboration between the trade and investment promotion agencies of BRICS nations for promoting intra BRICS trade and investment.Commerce and Industry Minister is scheduled to have a meeting with representatives of the medical devices manufacturing companies to discuss the trade issues. Piyush Goyal will have India-US bilateral meeting with his counterpart US Trade Representative (USTR), Ambassador Robert Lighthizer, to discuss the outstanding bilateral issues and to arrive at a shared understating on a mutually beneficial basis. Commerce and Industry Minister will hold high- level industry interaction with business and industry representatives in New York.
- DIN System of CBIC comes into existence
- The Documentation Identification Number (DIN) system of Central Board of Indirect Taxes (CBIC) will come into existence.
- This path-breaking system in indirect tax administration has been created as per the direction of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Now, any CBIC communication will have to have a Documentation Identification Number.
- The Government has already executed the DIN system in the direct tax administration.
· Prime Minister Calls for upholding the teachings and values preached by Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for upholding the teachings and values ofShri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The individual event organized at Dera Baba Nanak on the occasion of the inauguration of the Integrated Check Post (ICP) and the Kartarpur Corridor. He released commemorative coin celebrating the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee earlier felicitated the Prime Minister with the Quami Seva Award. Prime Minister said that he is dedicating it to the lotus feet of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The Guru Nanak Dev Ji is not only a Guru, but a philosophy, and as a pillar of support for our living. The importance of living by true values and also gave an economic system based on honesty and self-confidence.Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught about equality, brotherhood, and unity in the society and that he fought for removing various social evils.In the last five years is trying to protect the country’s rich heritage and culture. And on the occasion of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, he said several programs are being held across the country and the world through our Embassies.
· India to host 2023 Mens Hockey World Cup
- India will host the Men’s Hockey World Cupfor the second consecutive time after the country was picked to host the game’s showpiece event in 2023 by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) in Lausanne.
- The Men’s Hockey World Cup in India from January 13 to 29.
- In another decision made by the Executive Board during the FIH’s last meeting of the year, Spain and the Netherlands named as the co-hosts of the 2022 Women’s World Cup scheduled to be held from July 1 to 22.
- The host nations will announce the venues at a later date.
- India becomes the first country to stage four men’s Hockey World Cups after having hosted the showpiece in 1982 (Mumbai), 2010 (New Delhi) and 2018 (Bhubaneswar).
- The Netherlands hosted three men’s tournaments.
The country will be completing 75 years of independence in 2023, and so Hockey India wanted to host the World Cup to showcase the growth of the sport in the country on that occasion.
· Sports Minister lauds CBSE for organizing Fitness Week in schools plans to take it to all states
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)observing Fitness Week in the second and third week of November, as part of the Fit India Movement.
- The objective of the Fitness Week is to bring about a behavioral change in school children from spending Passive Screen Time to Active Field Time from moving them away from computer screens to open fields. The Fit India Movement, envisioned by Honourable PM is the need of the hour, and we must make every effort to teach fitness habits in Indians from an early age. The extensive 6-day program during the Fitness Week addresses both physical and mental fitness needs of children and goes beyond the usual form of physical exercises like yoga, free-hand, and includes unusual forms of fitness like dance, aerobics, and gardening, among others.
- Deepak Chahar becomes first Indian male to claim a hat-trick in T20I
- Deepak Chahar scripted history as he became the first Indian male to claim a hat-trick in Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) during the third T20I against Bangladesh in Nagpur.
- Ekta Bisht was the first Indian to take a hat-trick in T20Is in a women’s match against Sri Lanka in 2012.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022