- Twenty Seventh International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Fusion Energy Conference held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- It is organized by IAEA. It is hosted by the Department of Atomic Energy and Gandhinagar-based Institute of Plasma Research.
- It aims to provide a platform for discussion of major physics and technology issues and innovative concepts related to the use of nuclear fusion as a source of energy.
- International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER)Organisation, European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom), research institutes involved in developing smaller plasma devices are participating in the conference.
· World Bank Human Capital Index: Singapore Tops, India Ranks 115th
- World Bank released the Human Capital Index (HCI) as part of the World Development Report 2019. Broader theme of the World Development Report (WDR) this year is“The Changing Nature of Work”.
- The World Bank has launched a Human Capital Project (HCP).
- The HCI has been constructed for 157 countries. The HCI for India has been estimated at 0.44.
- The Index was released at the World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings in Bali, Indonesia.
- Singapore topped the poll after it was highly rated for its universal health care system, education exams results and life expectancy figures.
· Delhi, Moscow signed Twin-City Agreement
- The agreements in the fields of environment, culture and educationare updated for the next 3 years.
- The agreement was signed by Minister of the Moscow City government and head of its international relations Sergey Cheremin and Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
- First India-Israel Innovation Centre opens in Bengaluru
- The first India-Israel Innovation Centre (IIIC), an entrepreneurial technology hub, was launched in Bengaluru.
- The IIIC is a significant step towards facilitating penetration of Israeli companies in India and aims to forge local partnerships and joint ventures between companies from the two countries.
- It will provide an ecosystem to support entrepreneurship, partnership with vendors, mentoring and non-formal community development that will assist the growth of the companies in different verticals and covers business, technology, investors and customers.
- Sikkim’s 100% organic farming wins FAO’s Future Policy Gold Award
- Sikkim has won the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation’s (FAO) Future Policy Gold Award for its achievement in becoming the world’s first totally organic agriculture state.
- Uniquely, the state has totally banned the sale and use of chemical pesticides.
- Sikkim beat out 51 other nominees from around the world for the award.
· Union Government sanctions 5 new battalions of Rapid Action Force (RAF)
- Five new battalions of Rapid Action Force (RAF) were sanctioned by the central government in January 2018 and their new bases have been sanctioned now.
- The 5 new Rapid Action Force (RAF) battalions will be based in:
Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh
Jaipur in Rajasthan
Mangalore in Karnataka
Hajipur in Bihar
Nuh in Haryana
· Special Central Government Package for Footwear and Leather Sector
- Central Government has approved a special package for generation of employment in leather and footwear sector.
- The package consist of implementation of Central Sector Scheme Indian Footwear, Leather & Accessories Development Programme (IFLADP) with approved expenditure of Rs. 2600 Crore for 2017-20.
- Under IFL ADP 4 projects worth 107.33 crore have been approved in Tamil Nadu by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022