- Emami Paper Mills announces Rs 1,000 cr investment in Gujarat
- The country’s largest newsprint producer Emami Paper Mills on Friday announced investment of Rs 1,000 crore in Gujarat to set up a 2.25-lakh tonne per annum multilayer coated packaging board manufacturing plant along with a captive power plant at the Saykha industrial area.
- The facility will be spread over an area of around 103 acres at the GIDC (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation) estate, about 110 km from Vadodara and the first phase will be completed by early 2020. In the second phase, the company will double its capacity with an additional Rs 1,000 crore investment.
· India contributes $1 million to UN’s ambitious solar project
- India has contributed a whopping $1 million for the installation of solar panels on the roof of the imposing UN building at the world body’s headquarters
- The contribution will help reduce carbon footprint and promote sustainable energy.
- Earlier India intends to partner with the UN Secretariat to use renewable solar energy at the UN premises.
- Successful Flight Test of Prahar
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the indigenously developed surface-to-surface tactical missile ‘Prahar’, from Launch Complex-III, ITR, Balasore.
- Range stations and electro optical systems tracked the missile throughout its flight.
- ‘Prahar’ is a contemporary weapon system capable of carrying multiple types of warheads and neutralizing a wide variety of targets.
· MSME Insider Monthly e-Newsletter launched by MSME ministry
- The e-newsletter will give information of the activities undertaken by the Ministry and also act as a bridge between the Ministry and the millions of MSME units spread across the country.
- The e-newsletter will assist in the regular flow of information about the sector to the MSMEs and will also help in developing a two-way communication between the Ministry and its stakeholders.
· Web portal for information on budget and expenditure introduced by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- The main information in the Web portal consists of the following
- Details of Budget and expenditure,
- Details of flagship schemes, Central sector expenditure, North East, SC/ST, Centrally Sponsored Schemes, etc.
- A Unique feature of Bill Position for All India Pay & Accounts Offices (PAOs)
- Health Ministry launches sputum sample transportation Through Dept of Post , Pilot project starts in Delhi
- A pilot for utilising services of Department of Post for transport of sputum specimen for TB Diagnosis in Karawal NagarDelhi was launched by the Health Ministry.
- A significant proportion of patients are not tested because the specimen does not reach the laboratory due to non-availability of specimen transport tmechanisms. Transport of collected specimen also spares the patient’s from travelling to the reference laboratory. Prompt transport of specimen followed by efficacious testing will enable appropriate management of the TB patients and reduced disease transmission.
· ISRO setting up launch pad for Gaganyaan mission
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is setting up a third launch pad at Sriharikota to undertake the Gaganyaan manned space flight programme. In addition, ISRO is scouting for a location on the western sea coast near Gujarat to set up another launch pad for Small Satellite Launch Vehicles (SSLV).
- ISRO will use its GSLV Mk-III launch vehicle, which can carry the heavier payload of the Gaganyaan, and this will take off from the new launch pad.
- In addition to the third launch pad at Sriharikota, ISRO is also scouting for a new location near Gujarat for the SSLV.
· Live-in partners can adopt now
- Individuals in a live-in relationship will once again be able to adopt children from and within India after the country’s nodal adoption agency decided to withdraw a circular issued earlier this year disallowing them from doing so.
- The Child Adoption Regulatory Authority (CARA), in a circular issued on May 31, barred applicants in a live-in relationship from adopting a child.
- The eligibility criteria under Adoption Regulations, 2017, permit single women to adopt a child of any gender, while single men can adopt only boys. When a married couple seeks to adopt a child, it needs to give its consent for adoption and should be stable marriage for at least two years. Applicants have to be physically, mentally and financially stable to raise a child.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022