· No new thermal power projects in Gujarat: CM Vijay Rupani
- To promote clean and renewable energy, the Gujarat government will not give clearance for new thermal power projects.
- The total installed capacity of power utilities in Gujaratis 33,287 megawatts (MW), according to Central Electricity Authority data as on July 31, 2019. This includes 22,319MW of thermal power projects of which coal-fired units contribute 14,218MW. The rest is from gas-fired (1,540MW) and lignite-fired (6,561MW) projects.
- A small amount of power is generated from nuclear and hydro projects while the installed capacity of renewable projects in the state is 9,636MW. The government aims to increase this capacity to 30,000MW in the next three years. It plans to sell one-third of the power to other states.
- The total installed capacity of wind farms in Gujarat is about 6,000MW, according to socio-economic review for 2018-19. National Institute of Wind Energy figures suggest that the estimated installable potential at 80 metres height is 35,000MW in Gujarat.
- The Gujarat government has given in-principle approval for setting up three ultra-mega solar parks.
- US Open Final: Bianca defeats Serena
- Canadian teenager Bianca Andreescu stuns Serena Williams in a gripping US Open Women’s final to claim her first Grand Slam title.
- Bianca Andreescu defeated Serena Williams in straight sets, 6-4, 7-5, to win her first Grand Slam title in US Open women’s final.
- Rafael Nadal beats Daniil Medvedev in US Open final
- Rafael Nadal has won US Open Men’s singles beating Daniil Medvedev in a five-set epic with a thrilling 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4.
- This is his fourth US Open title and 19th Grand Slam trophy.
- The 33-year-old Spanish left-hander chased his 19th career Grand Slam singles title, one shy of Roger Federer’s all-time men’s record, in his 27th Slam final.
- President inaugurated the World first Youth Conference
- The President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the World first Youth Summit in New Delhi on 7 September 2019. It was organized by the Youth Awakening Mission, a youth wing of Paavan Chintan Dhara Charitable Trust, Ghaziabad. The summit aimed to work for the betterment and welfare of ourselves, society and country.
- UPI transactions top 900 million in August
- Transactions made through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for the first time have crossed the 900 million mark in August.
- It has crossed the mark due to an increase in merchant adoption of the payment channel and improved smartphone penetration in certain states.
- Newly released data from National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) show that in August, a total of 918 million transactions worth Rs 1.54 lakh crore were processed on the interoperable digital payments channel.
- Government to spend 3.5 lakh crore rupees in the next five years on Jal Jeevan Mission
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that the central government will spend 3.5 lakh crore rupees in the next five years on ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’.
- The aim of the mission is to deliver potable water at every household across the country.
- Jal Jeevan Mission has been launched in order to free women from the trouble of having to toil hard to fetch water.
- Jal Jeevan Mission involves saving water and delivering water at one’s doorstep.
- Multilingual Mobile App ‘CHC Farm Machinery’ launched for farmers
- Minister of State for Agriculture Parshottam Rupala launched a multilingual Mobile App “CHC Farm Machinery” during a conference on Crop Residue Management in New Delhi.
- Farmers can now get affordable access to cutting-edge technology at their doorsteps.
- It will allow farmers to avail custom hiring services of CHCs located in a radius of 50 km.
- The App connects the farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centers in their area.
- The Minster sought ideas from farmers to ensure zero burning in all villages.
- International conference ‘ANGAN’ being organized in New Delhi
- A three-day-long International conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) for Energy Efficiency in the Building Sector is being organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency in New Delhi.
- Indo-German Technical Cooperation is also partnering in the event.
- Experts and policymakers from sixteen countries are participating in this event to discuss various alternative options and technologies in the field of design and construction of energy-efficient commercial as well as residential buildings.
- The three-day-long event will provide a platform to deliberate on the interdependence between organizations, systems sustainability and feedback loops for better resource efficiency.
- First Helicopter summit held in Dehradun
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation organised India’s first-ever helicopter summit in Dehradun.
- The Indian Air Force was invited to the summit to talk on the “role of IAF helicopters in MEDEVAC (Medical evacuation) at the national level”.
- The conclave was attended by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, the Aviation Secretary, and the Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand, amongst others.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022