State got 6 lakh crore investment in 4 years: Centre
Figures released by the department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP) of the government of India state that in the past four years, Gujarat garnered the highest proposed investments in the country.
Between 2017 and 2021, Gujarat received 1,744 IEMs (industrial entrepreneur memorandum) applications, with a proposed investment of nearly Rs 5,99,121 crore, accounting for almost 25% of India’s total proposed investment.
During the same period, the total IEMs applications implemented in the state were 1,218 with total reported investment of Rs 3,41,227crore, the DIPP report said. This accounts for 25.8% of India’s total actual investment during the said period. In 2021 (January to November), Gujarat received 199 IEMs with a promised investment of Rs 50,645 crore. Of these, 106 applications were implemented during the year, and Gujarat garnered 31.6% of the total actual investments made in the country in the year.
North Korea Railway-borne missile
North Korea recently tested the railway-borne missile. With this, North Korea has tested three missiles in January 2022 amidst rising tensions with the US. This has pushed for fresh sanctions by the US.
- The railway-borne missile recently tested by the North is a ballistic missile. The missiles that were tested previously were hypersonic missiles.
- The missile flew 800 kilometres and struck a target in the east coast of North Korea.
- Railway borne missile means the missile is launched from a train.
- North Korea tested two railway – borne missiles.
The test comes after the South Koreans tested the submarine – launched ballistic missile. With this, it became the first country to develop such as system without nuclear weapons. The Koreans have been indulging in arms race and are unveiling more capable weapons and missiles.
Army Day 2022
- Indian Army Day is celebrated to honour soldiers of the armed forces in India, for their selfless service.
- The day is celebrated at all army command offices across India as well as the headquarters in New Delhi.
Why is the day marked on January 15?
The day is marked on January 15, every year because on this day Lieutenant General KM Cariappa was appointed to the post in 1949. He became the first Indian to head the forces. Since then, this day has become a significant day for Indian history. It was the first time an Indian soldier took reigns of the armed forces.
How is the day celebrated?
- Indian Army Day marks the celebration of not only the brave soldiers, but also marks the transfer of power from British rule to India.
- On this day, a grand parade is organised at Cariappa parade ground in Delhi cantonment.
- The salute of this parade is usually taken by Indian Army Chief. Thus, in 2022, General Manoj Mukund Naravane will make the salute on the occasion.
- Apart from this, the Day also involves a showcase of all the weapons in Indian Army arsenal. The latest kind of weapons, helicopters, drones, etc are displayed with great pride.
World’s largest Khadi National Flag
On January 15, 2022, world’s largest national flag, made of Khadi fabric will be put to display, to celebrate the “Army Day”.
- It will be displayed at Longewala, along the India – Pakistan Border in Jaisalmer.
- Longewala was the centre stage of historic battle of 1971 between India and Pakistan.
- It will be the fifth public display of the Khadi flag.
- This will be the 5th public display of the National Flag, after it was first unveiled in Leh on October 2,
- It was displayed later at Hindon Airbase to mark the Air Force Day on October 8, 2021 and at Red Fort on October 21, 2021, marking the completion of 100 crore Covid-19 vaccinations across India.
- Furthermore, it was displayed at the Naval Dockyard near Gateway of India in Mumbai, on December 4, 2021, to celebrate Navy Day.
India Edtech Consortium
The private companies in India have joined together to form India EdTech Consortium. It was formed under the guidance of Internet Mobile Association of India. It was launched after Government of India announced that it is to launch as policy to regulate the edtech sector, that is education and technology sector.
EdTech is Education and Technology. Before COVID-19, the education and technology sector were performing normally. They were growing steadily. The COVID induced lock down shut schools and colleges. Suddenly modern choice, that is, remote learning became the only alternative. Four out of every six edtechstartup have succeeded in their respective field during this phase.
The consortium has launched a three page code. It stresses on transparency, warnings of misleading ads. The educational institutions can use their students’ success as promotion tool only with proper proof of performance.
Vulnerable Witness Deposition Centre (VWDC) Scheme
The Supreme Court has directed the High Courts of the country to provide an estimate of manpower required to create Vulnerable Witness Deposition Centre (VWDC) scheme in their states within three months. It has introduced new definitions to the vulnerable victims.
The Supreme Court has included the sexually assaulted victims in the vulnerable witnesses. The other vulnerable victims are as follows:
- Gender neutral victims of sexual assault
- Witnesses under threat perception. These witnesses are those included under the Witness Protection Scheme of the Union launched by the Central Government in 2018.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022