- Trade and industry body demands ban of livestock export from India
- Rajkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) a trade body whose duty is to represent the government to increase the trade and export has represented commerce and Industry ministry to ban the export of live stock from the Indian port. The export from Kutch’s Tuna port the designated port to export livestock is suspended since December last year.
- RCCI asked the central government to ban the export of livestock from all the ports “Considering the looming national security risk” The trade body also asked central government to cease the export by issuing a notification.
- Kutch’s Tuna port was the designated port for the export of livestock since more then four decades and goat and sheep from Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh were exported from this port handled by pandit deendayal port (Kandla port).
- Singapore airport named worlds best aviation hub for the seventh time
- According to the Skytrax
World Airport Awards, Singapore’s Changi Airport has been crowned the world’s best aviation
hub for the seventh time in a row, while New
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport featured
at number 59.
- Singapore Changi Airport is
known for its rooftop swimming pool, two 24-hour movie theaters and shopping
- At number two on
the list is Tokyo International Airport (Haneda), up one
place from 2018. This hub also won World’s Best Domestic Airport and World’s
- Incheon International Airport secured 3rd position
in the list.
- The other Indian aiports in the list were Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport at 64, the Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport at 66, and Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport at 69.
- IAE report says rate of emission of CO2 increased in India
- The International
Energy Agency (IEA) report on Carbon dioxide
emissions said thatIndia emitted 2,299 million tonnes of carbon dioxide in
2018. The rate of growth of carbon dioxide emission in
India was higher than that of the United States and China which are the two
biggest emitters in the world. India’s emissions carbon dioxide witnessed
of 4.8% rise from 2018. This increase in the emission of
carbon dioxide was attributed to coal consumption.
- China, the United States, and
India accounted for nearly 70% of the rise in energy
demand. India’s per capita emissions were about 40% of the global average and
contributed 7% to the global carbon dioxide burden whereas the largest emitter
the United States was responsible for 14%.
- India has pledged to reduce the emissions intensity of its economy by 2030. But India’s energy intensity improvement declined 3% from last year even as its renewable energy installations increased 10.6% from last year. As per estimates, India requires at least $2.5 trillion (Rs 150 trillion approx.) to implement its climate pledge which is around 71% of the combined required spending for all developing countries pledges.
- Kandhamal haldi gets GI tag
- Kandhamal haldi (turmeric) produced by the tribal farmers in Odisha’s Kandhamal district received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- Kandhamal turmeric, originally grown by tribal people in Kandhamal, is famous for its medicinal properties.
- Kandhamal haldi is organic by default being cultivated by more than 60,000 families.
- The colour of Kandhamal haldi is golden yellow being well distinguished from other varieties.
- Chunar sandstone second natural good to get GI tag
- Chunar Balua Patthar (sandstone), widely used in architectures and monuments across the country, has been granted Geographical Indication (GI) tag under natural goods category in the first week of March this year. It is the second GI tag under natural goods after Makrana Marble of Rajasthan.
- The use of Chunar sandstone could be seen in Ashokan Pillar and Lion Capitol at ASI museum of Sarnath, Chunar Fort, Ramnagar fort, ghats of Varanasi, main building of Sampurnanad Sanskrit University, 80-feet Buddha statue in Kandhar style at Thai Temple in Sarnath, 70-feet sitting statue of Buddha at Vietnamese Temple, Sarnath, and innumerable architectures and monuments in the country.
- South Korea defeat India in Azlan Shah Cup final
- India has lost to South Korea in the final of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey tournament at Ipoh in Malaysia.
- South Korea lifted the title, defeating India in a shootout 4-2.
- Till the stipulated time both the teams had a score of 1 goal each.
- Hosts Malaysia defeated Canada 4-2 and secured the 3rd place.
- India win ICC Test Championship mace for 3rd straight year, get USD 1 million
- India have won ICC Test Championship mace for the third
year in a row after finishing at the top of ICC Test team
rankings on the cut-off date of April 1.
- India have also been awarded $1-million cash
- New Zealand, who are ranked second, won $500,000 prize money after finishing
points, eight behind India.
- South Africa finished 3rd with 105 points.
- Nine Test nations will compete across 27 series and 71 Test matches to reach the ICC World Test Championship Final in 2021 where the World Test Champions will be crowned.
- GPSC મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ પરીક્ષા 2022- ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ્સ અને મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC વિગતવાર સંપૂર્ણ પ્રારંભિક નોંધો 2022