- Gujarat Assembly poll dates announced
- The Gujarat Assembly elections will be held in two phases on December 9 and 14, respectively, the Election Commission (EC) announced.
89 Assembly constituencies will vote in phase 1, while 93 will vote in phase 2.
Counting of votes will take place on December 18.
- With the announcement of the dates, the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) comes into force with immediate effect in the state.
- Both Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trails (VVPATs) and Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will be in use, chief election commissioner AK Joti said.
- The height of the voting compartment has been increased from 24 to 30 inches to “maintain secrecy of voting.”
- The maximum expenditure allowed to each candidate has been pegged at Rs 28 lakh, the CEC said.
- Of the total 50,128 polling stations in Gujarat, 102 will be manned entirely by women.
- The term of the 182-member Gujarat Assembly will end on January 23 next year.
· Air New Zealand wins Airline Excellence Award for the 5th time
- Air New Zealand has been crowned “2018 Airline of the Year” by leading international aviation.
- The award marks the 5thconsecutive year Air New Zealand has received the top honour in its Airline Excellence Awards.
- It is followed by Qantas Airways, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic.
- Meanwhile, Etihad Airways, All Nippon Airways, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines are also featured on the list.
- Kenneth Juster Confirmed as the Next US Ambassador to India
- The US Senate confirmed by a voice vote the nomination of Kenneth Juster as the next US Ambassador to India.
- Juster, 62, has played a key role in the landmark Indo-US civil nuclear deal.
- He will replace Richard Vermaas the top American diplomat to India.
- Juster is soon expected to be headed to India for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Hyderabad.
- The annual summit is being co-hosted by India and the United States.
- Kazakhstan to change its name by 2025
- The central Asian country of Kazakhstan is changing its name to Qazaqstan in a challenge to Russian influence over the country.
- The former Soviet state announced that it will appoint a national committee to oversee the country’s transition from Russian Cyrillic to a Latin-based alphabet by 2025.
- As a result, the name of the country will be changed to the Latin equivalent ‘Qazaqstan.’
· Tamil Nadu’s Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple wins UNESCO award
- The Sri Ranganathaswamy temple at Srirangam in Tamil Nadu won UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for cultural heritage conservation programme in the Awards of Merit category.
- It is first temple from Tamil Nadu to grab the prestigious honour from the UN body.
· Indira Gandhi International Airport at Delhi will get 55 additional counters by January 2018
- The Home Ministry approved the addition of 55 counters at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport and 1,800 more personnel will be deployed by January 2018 to deal with rising passenger traffic.
- The decision was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba.
- The Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) will provide space for at least 10 more immigration counters at departure area byNovember 15while additional space will be provided for another 10 immigration counters to be functional by January 2018.
· BRO Builds World’s Highest Motorable Road in Ladakh
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) built the world’s highest motorable road at a height of over 19,300 feet.
- The road has been constructed in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The 86-kilometre long strategic road has been constructedunder ‘Project Himank’ of the BRO.
- It connects Chisumle and Demchok villages.
- The road passes through Umlingla Top at a height of over 19,300 feet.
- Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana launched to promote philately
- Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha launched a Pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana to increase the reach of Philately.
- Under the scheme of SPARSH (Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby), it is proposed to award annual scholarships to children of Standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby through a competitive selection process in all postal circles.
- Briefing the media after the launch of the scheme, Shri Sinha said that under the scheme, it is proposed to award 920 scholarships to students pursuing Philately as a hobby.
- Every Postal Circle will select a maximum of 40 scholarships representing 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII & IX.
- The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
GPSC નોંધો GPSC પ્રિલિમ્સ અને GPSC મુખ્ય પરીક્ષાની તૈયારી માટે પ્રિલિમ્સ અને મેન્સ પ્રોગ્રામ્સ લાવે છે. GPSC નોંધો દ્વારા શરૂ કરાયેલા વિવિધ કાર્યક્રમો નીચે મુજબ છે:-
- GPSC મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ પરીક્ષા 2022- ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ્સ અને મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC વિગતવાર સંપૂર્ણ પ્રારંભિક નોંધો 2022