- AAI’s Ahmedabad and Indore Airports awarded as Best Airports under National Tourism Awards
- Airports Authority of India’s Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad were conferred with the prestigious National Tourism Awards 2016-17 at a glittering award function on World Tourism Day.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad received the Best Airport Award in Major Cities category and Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore received the Best Airport Award in ‘Rest of India’ category for promotion of Tourism at these airports.
- The award was presented by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, Shri K.J. Alphons.
· Argentina gets biggest loan in IMF’s history at $57 billion
- Argentina has received $57.1 billionfrom the International Monetary Fund (IMF), for boosting the country’s struggling economy.
- Argentina had initially secured $50bn in a deal worked out in June after the South American country was battered by a currency crisis, a run on the peso and double-digit inflation.
· Scientists found 59 Indian plant species under IUCN threat categories
- Scientists have found that 59 Indian plant speciesare under threat status based on criteria used by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- Based on their assessment they assigned each species a threat status based on IUCN criteria. This included the extent and area of each plant’s geographical range, which revealed that 10 species are critically endangered, 18 endangered, 6 vulnerable, 5 near threatenedand one species each are data deficient and least concern.
· India is to gift three MiG-21 fighter jets to Russia
- Indiais to gift three MiG-21 fighter jets to Russian President Vladimir Putin is to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi be in New Delhi on October 4 and 5 for the annual summit. The handing over of 3 MiG-21s is based on a request from Russian Defence Minister to Indian Defence Minister. The gifts comprise of one Type 75 aircraft and two Type 77 aircraft.
- This is a major symbolic gesture to showcase the all-weather friendship anddeep strategic partnershipbetween India and Russia, which has been put to test in recent times due to changing geopolitical conditions.
- MiG-21 is a product of the Soviet Union
- It made first flight in 1956 and entered service in 1959. From 1985 Russia stopped producing the aircraft while India continued operating the upgraded variants.
· India’s first Corn Festival Starts In Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, the first corn festival of the country is being held in Chhindwara. The festival is one of a kind international event.
- Madhya Pradesh is one of the largest corn producing states in India, with Chhindwara being the highest corn producing district.
· Indian Railways partners with Google to launch Rail Heritage Digitisation Project
ð The main aim is to showcase India’s rail heritage to the national and international audience in an online storytelling platform.
- India Railways has a history of more than 165 years and has a rich heritage that includes the Imperial and the princely railways.
- GST Collection Crosses Rs 94,000 Cr In September
- Despite reduced tax rates on several items, revenue collection under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) stood at Rs 94,442 crore in September after sliding to Rs 93,960 crore in August.
- Of the total gross revenue collected in September (for August), Rs 15,318 crore was collected as Central-GST (CGST), Rs 21,061 crore as state-GST (SGST) and Rs 50,070 crore as integrated-GST (IGST).
· Monsoon 9% deficient, ne states driest
- The Southwest Monsoon, which brings rain from June to September, recorded a countrywide deficit of more than 9% this year, with the north-eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura receiving scanty rainfall, according to data from the IMD.
- The department has forecast a normal Northeast Monsoon season between October and December for southern India, with the likelihood of above normal rainfall this winter.
- Tamil Nadu, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and south interior Karnataka receive about 30% of their annual rainfall in the period.
- The IMD’s forecast for the 2018 Northeast Monsoon season over the southern peninsula is most likely to be normal (89% -111%).
· India ranked 5th in pictorial warnings on cigarette packets: Canadian Cancer Society
- According to a report released by the Canadian Cancer Society named Cigarette Package Health Warning International Status Report 2018, India ranked 5th among 206 countries.
- This was released in Geneva at the 8th session of the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC).
- There are now 55 countries/jurisdictions that require at least 65 per cent (on average) of the package, front and back, be covered with a warning.
- GPSC મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ પરીક્ષા 2022- ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC પ્રિલિમ્સ અને મેન્સ 2022 ટેસ્ટ સિરીઝ અને નોટ્સ પ્રોગ્રામ
- GPSC વિગતવાર સંપૂર્ણ પ્રારંભિક નોંધો 2022