NGOs are legally constituted organizations, operate independently from the government and are generally considered to be “non-state, non-profit oriented groups who pursue purposes of public interest”.
Many of them were found to be violating some provision of the act in some manner, for example Greenpeace India was banned for exceeding the cap on administrative expenditure.
Many NGOs were put on MHA’s watch list on request of the state government, e.g. Ford foundation was put on watch list on request of Gujarat government.
Advantage for India due to:
- It will help in countering activities which are detrimental to the economy. For ex. It is expected that UK based group are funding agitation against power plants.
- It will help in bringing transparency in the funding of NGO’s.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022