- Formation of Gujarat State Higher Education Council announced
- After much delay, controversies and opposition, the state government has announced the formation of the Gujarat State Higher Education Council (GSHEC).
- Through a notification issued by the state education department, members of the governing council and executive committee have been appointed by the state government. There are five vice-chancellors (VCs) of state universities, one provost of a private university, two directors of institutes and three principals who have been appointed on the governing council.
· Nepal’s Chief Of Army Staff On Six-Day Visit To India
- Nepal’s Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Rajendra Chhetri is on a six-day visit to India. He is visiting India at the invitation of COAS General Bipin Rawat.
- General Chhetri will attend the Officer Cadet’s ‘Passing Out Parade’ as Chief Reviewing officer at Indian Military Academy in Dehradun.
- During his visit, General Chhetri will call on Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and meet National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Air Force and Navy chiefs and other senior officers.
- CSIR lab to give technology for India’s first indigenous Lithium Ion Battery project
- Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd have signed a Memorandum of Agreement for transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project.
- A group at CSIR-CECRI headed by Dr Gopu Kumar has developed an indigenous technology of Lithium-ion cells in partnership with CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL) New Delhi, CSIR- Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute (CSIR-CGCRI) Kolkata and Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT) Hyderabad.
- CSIR-CECRI has set up a demo facility in Chennai to manufacture prototype Lithium-Ion cells.
· EAM Sushma Swaraj marks 125 years of Mahatma Gandhis Satyagraha and 25 years diplomatic relations
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj lauded the two countries for their immense support to solidify the relations. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj also undertook a train journey from Pentrich to Pietermaritzburg, a railway station in South Africa where the young Mahatma Gandhi was thrown out of a“whites-only” compartment 125 years ago, an incident that acted as a catalyst for him to practice Satyagraha.
- To practice, this belief of ‘Vasudeva kudumbakam’ (the world is one family) we need to keep reminding us that truth and non-violence is the way, Swaraj in her address at the event. Swaraj also inaugurated The Mahatma Gandhi Digital Museum consisting of interactive screens, videos, audio commentary on the infamous incident.
- To mark the 125th anniversary of the incident, she released a coffee table book titled The Birth of Satyagraha.
· Indias first national police museum to come up in New Delhi
- The Union Government decided to establish India’s first national police museumin Lutyens’ Delhi.
- The unique museum, depicting the history, artifacts, uniforms and gear of central and state police forces, will come up as an underground facility in the premises of the national police memorial in Chanakyapuri area of the national capital.
- The museum is expected to be inaugurated on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day, by either Prime Minister Narendra Modi or Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The central armed police forces (CAPFs), the central police organizations and the state police forces have been asked to collect their historical documents, items, police-related gazette notifications and unique weapons and uniforms so that it can be displayed at the museum.
- The items sought to be put in the first-ever national police museum will include brass insignia, ceremonial and operational head gears and uniforms, batons, belts, distinctive photographs of dog squads, mounted columns and old copies of the Indian Police Act.
Gk bit- Police and Paramilitary forces in Inida
Indian Armed Force
Central Armed Police Force
Security Forces Dealing with External Threats
The defence forces (Indian Armed Force) are the primary force responsible for the
security of the country, and they come under the authority of Ministry of
Defense. Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) aid in combating external threats (they
mainly manage internal security issues) but are managed by Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Indian Armed Force
The defence forces are divided into four sub-heads.
- Indian Army Personnel.
- Indian Air Force Personnel.
- Indian Navy Personnel.
- Indian Coast Guard Personnel.
Security Forces Dealing with Internal Threats
There are many divisions of Central Armed Police Force, which deal with internal threats.
· Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
- Assam Rifles (AR)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- National Security Guard (NSG)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Central Police Organisation
- Intelligence Bureau
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Bureau of Police Research & Development. (BPRD)
- National Crime Records Bureau
- National Investigation Agency
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad.
- North Eastern Police Academy, Shillong.
- National Institute of Criminology & Forensic Science. (NICFS)
India’s Intelligence and Investigation Agencies
- Intelligence Bureau(IB) – Internal Intelligence.
- Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) – External Intelligence – Similar to CIA of US.
- National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
- Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- National Technical Research Organisation.
- Defense Intelligence Agency.
- Joint Cipher Bureau.
- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence.
- All India Radio Monitoring Service.
- Signals Intelligence Directorate.
- Aviation Research Centre.
- Directorate of Air Intelligence.
- Directorate of Navy Intelligence.
- Directorate of Income Tax (Intelligence and Criminal Investigation).
- Directorate General of Income Tax Investigation.
- National Investigation Agency – Central agency to combat terrorism.
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) – Similar to FBI of US.
Other law enforcement agencies:
- Directorate of Enforcement (DE).
- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
- Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
- Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022