- Rs 1300 cr Gujarat relief package for farmers in 45 talukas
- Nearly a month after the Gujarat governmentdeclared 51 talukas as scarcity hit due to scanty rainfall, it has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs 1,300 crore to farmers of 45 more talukas which received low rainfall.
- The government had on October 22 declared 51 talukas, comprising 3,291 villages, as scarcity-hit after they recorded less than 250 mm rainfall. It had also declared a Rs 5,100 crore relief package for these 51 talukas.
- The state government had earlier declared 51 talukas as scarcity-hit. Owing to representations received by the Members of Parliament, MLAs and farmer leaders from affected areas, the state government decided to include more areas and declare a special assistance package.
- Bilateral Exercise Between Indian & Republic of Singapore Navies – SIMBEX 18 – MARKS Silver Jubilee this year
- The 25theditorial of SIMBEX, an acronym for “Singapore – India Maritime Bilateral Exercise” is scheduled from 10th to 21st November 2018 off Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- Bilateral cooperation between Singapore and India was first formalized when RSN ships began training with the Indian Navy in 1994.
- Complementing India’s Act-East’ Policy. There have been a number of agreements and high level visits in the recent past between the two countries. Indo – Singapore bilateral relations have been on an upswing in the recent past.
· Mahila-E-Haat online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs launched by WCD
- The main aim is to unique organic products of the women farmers and entrepreneurs from across the country.
- It will serve as an e-platform to bring them together and promote the achievements of women farmers.
- It was launched during the 5th “Women of India National Organic Festival, 2018”.
· Ozone layer recovering at 1 to 3 per cent per decade: United Nations
- The ozone layerthat shields life from cancer-causing solar rays is recovering at a rate of one to three percent per decade, reversing years of dangerous depletion caused by the release of harmful chemicals.
- The Antarctic ozone hole is recovering while continuing to occur every year.
· Saudi bans Israeli Muslims from Hajj pilgrimage
- New Saudi passport rules have barred Israeli Muslims from visiting Mecca for Hajj pilgrimage.
- Since Israel and Saudi don’t have diplomatic ties, Israeli Muslims visited Mecca by going to Jordan where they got temporary Jordanian passports that allowed them to travel to the kingdom.
- Saudi will no longer accept temporary Jordanian passport.
· New York’s Empire State Building lit up for Diwali for 1st time
- New York’s iconic Empire State Buildingwas lit in orange for the first time to celebrate Diwali.
- It was organised by the Federation of Indian Associations in cooperation with the Empire State Realty Trust.
- Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluriand singer Jay Sean flipped the switch to turn on the lights on top of the building.
- 33rd ASEAN summit begins in Singapore
- The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit began in Singapore.
- Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong is the Chairman of the Summit, which will continue till 15th November along with other related summits like East Asia Summit (EAS), Regional Comprehensive Economic Summit, (RCEP) and ASEAN plus summits.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to attend the East Asia Summit and Associated meetings of ASEAN on 14th and 15th November in Singapore.
- National Education Day observed on 11 November
- The day is observed on 11th November every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- He was a freedom fighter, scholar and the first Education Minister of independent India, who served from 15 August 1947 until 2 February 1958.
- In a tweet, President Ram Nath Kovind paid tributes to Maulana Azad.
· Odisha Government launched the ‘Bhubaneswar Me Wi-Fi’ project in Bhubaneswar
- The project is implemented by Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited(BSCL), which is a Special Purpose Vehicle incorporated by Odisha Government.
- It will initially have 100 hotspots enabled locations with 275 access points.
- One wi-fi hotspot would be able to handle 150 users at a given point of time.
- With this move, the Capital will stamp its entry as aglobal Smart City with 500 hotspots spanning the entire city.
· Govt enhances financial powers of Armed Forces’ vice-chiefs by 5 times
- The Defence Ministry has enhanced the financial powers of the three vice chiefs of the armed forces by five times, giving a fillip to procurement of arms and ammunition and upgrade of defence preparedness.
- A number of initiatives have been taken by the Defence Ministry in the recent past to simplify and streamline the procedures and decentralise the decision-making through delegation of powers.
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022