E-waste or electronic waste refers to all waste from electronic and electrical appliances which have reached their end- of- life period or are no longer fit for their original intended use and are destined for recovery, recycling or disposal. It includes computer and its accessories monitors, printers; typewriters, mobile phones and chargers, remotes, batteries, LCD/Plasma TVs, air conditioners, refrigerators and other household appliances etc. Rapid growth of technology, upgradation of technical innovations, and a high rate of obsolescence in the electronics industry have led to one of the fastest growing waste streams in the world.
Impact of e waste:
- Many of these substance are toxic and carcinogenic. Their exposure will lead to fatal disease like Itai Itai disease. The toxic agent can cause lung, liver and kidney related disease.
- The materials are non -biodegradable and are complex and have been found to be difficult to recycle in a sustainable manner.
- The leaching of e waste can lead to accumulation of waste and will affect the ecology of the area.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022