- In one year, Surat airport records 3,400 metric tonne of cargo movement
- Cargo movement from Surat airport has
touched 3,400-metric tonne mark in the last one year.
- Official sources said airlines take saris, dress material, courier, chemicals, diamonds and laboratory-grown diamond jewellery articles etc from Surat airport to Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Jaipur and other destinations in the country.
- Until last year, Surat airport did not figure in air cargo list in the country. In the last one year, it has attained the 31st position in the cargo list of the country.
- India-Singapore Joint Military Exercise Bold Kurukshetra2019
- Military forces of India and
Singapore to participate in a joint exercise in Babina Cantonment in
- The three-day exercise, ‘Bold
Kurukshetra–2019’, conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime
security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism.
- The two countries signed a cooperation agreement to strengthen the defence ties between Indian Military and Singapore Armed Forces in November.
- The three-day exercise, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism.
- Emirates Islamic became world’s first Islamic bank to launch banking via WhatsApp
- Dubai based Emirates
Islamic has announced the launch of Chat Banking
services for customers via WhatsApp,
marking a global first in the Islamic banking sector.
- The Chat Banking solution
allows customers to use features such as checking account balances and
temporarily blocking or unblocking of an existing card.
- All messages on Emirates Islamic’s verified WhatsApp Business account are encrypted, ensuring confidentiality and security.
- The Chat Banking solution allows customers to use features such as checking account balances and temporarily blocking or unblocking of an existing card.
- PM Modi awarded with Russia’s highest state honour
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred on the Order of St Andrew the Apostle highest state decoration of Russia.
- He was decorated with the award for his exceptional services in promoting a special and privileged strategic partnership between Russian and India.
- In 2017, Chinese president Xi Jinping was awarded the Order of St Andrew the Apostle.
- Recently, PM Modi has been awarded the United Arab Emirates’s top honour as well as of countries including South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and Afghanistan.
- Pink booth to attract women friends for their right to vote
- Pink polling booth at Jamui parliamentary
constituency in Bihar.
polling party including security personnel are women discharging their election
in this constituency are happy and turning in a large number to vote for the
first phase of Lok Sabha elections 2019.
decision was taken to make women feel special and come in large number in order
to cast their vote.
- The 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar, will vote in the first of the seven-phase polls.
- All polling party including security personnel are women discharging their election duty.
- Varanasi ranked third on the WHOs list of 15 most polluted cities
- According to the ‘Political Leaders Position and
Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019’ report, released by Climate Trends,
the air quality in Varanasi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 2014 Lok
Sabha constituency, is ranked third on the WHO’s (World
Health Organisation) list of 15 most polluted cities in the world.
- Fourteen of the 15 most polluted cities in the world,
listed by World Health Organisation (WHO) are in India, of
which four are in Uttar Pradesh.
- Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh is the most polluted city in the
world and is ranked one on the list.
- Faridabad in Haryana has been ranked second.
- Delhi is ranked sixth on the
and Patna in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow, Cities of Agra, Muzaffarpur,
Srinagar, Gurugram, Jaipur, Patiala and Jodhpur are also on the WHO list of
most polluted cities.
- The air quality index (AQI) in Varanasi reached an alarming 490 in 2017 and 384 (very poor category) in December 2018.
- Fourteen of the 15 most polluted cities in the world, listed by World Health Organisation (WHO) are in India, of which four are in Uttar Pradesh.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
Gk bit :Air Quality Index (AQI) in India:
As per pollution control authorities, An AQI between
♦ 0 and 50 is considered “good”,
♦ 51 and 100 “satisfactory”,
♦ 101 and 200 “moderate”,
♦ 201 and 300 “poor”,
♦ 301 and 400 “very poor”, and
♦ 401 and 500 “severe”.
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022