- Gujarat Assembly increases MLAs’ salary by at least Rs 45,000
ð The monthly salary of the MLAs will be hiked to Rs 1.16 lakh as against the existing Rs 70,727, a rise of about 64 per cent, while those of the ministers, Assembly speaker, deputy speaker and leader of opposition will go up to Rs 1.32 lakh from Rs 86,000.
- The new remuneration structure will put an extra burden of Rs 10 crore annually on the state treasury.
- The salaries of the lawmakers in states like Uttarakhand, Telangana, Jharkhand and Maharashtra are Rs 2.91 lakh, Rs 2.50 lakh, Rs 2.25 lakh and Rs 2.13 lakh respectively, while in Bihar, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Odisha, their salaries are over Rs 1 lakh.
- Exercise Aviaindra-18 Commences at Lipetsk (Russia)
- Exercise Aviaindra is an Air Force level exercise between India and the Russian First Aviaindra was conducted in 2014 and has been planned as a bi-annual exercise.
- Exercise Aviaindra 18 is being conducted at Lipetsk, Russia from 17 Sep to 28 Sep 18 and will be conducted in Jodhpur, India from 10 Dec to 22 Dec 18.
- The Indian contingent for Ex Aviaindra departed for Russia on 15 Sep 18
· India becomes first country in the world to develop Cooling Action Plan
- During World Ozone Day celebrations on September 17, Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan released a draft India Cooling Action Plan(ICAP) which lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand, thus helping in reducing emissions.
- The minister also release a booklet on ‘Montreal Protocol – India’s Success Story’.
- ‘Keep Cool and Carry on’ : The Montreal Protocol is the theme of 24th World Ozone Day celebrations.
· Dip in child mortality rate
- On average, 39 children out of 1,000 worldwide did not live beyond the age of five in 2017.
- According to the The UN’s Levels and Trends in Child Mortality Report 2018, India’s under-five mortality (U5M) is the same as the world’s average, which has decreased over time.
- China has shown the sharpest decline in U5M and Sri Lanka’s is the lowest in South Asia.
- Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna Rolled Out
- Considering the change in employment pattern and the current scenario of employment in India which has transformed from a long term employment to fixed short term engagement in the form of contract and temping, the ESI Corporation has approved a Scheme named “ATAL BIMIT VYAKTI KALYAN YOJNA” for Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- This scheme is a relief payable in cash directly to their Bank Account in case of unemployment and while they search for new engagement.
- Union Home Secretary launches ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance
- The Union Home Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba launched an online ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance.
- The portal will facilitate an applicant to submit application online and also to view the status of his application from time to time.
- With the introduction of online portal, the process has become standardized, resulting in a process which will be faster, transparent and easy to monitor.
- Various functionaries can access the application and documents online and take timely decisions.
· Cabinet cleared an ordinance that made talaq e biddat a criminal offence
- The Union Cabinetcleared an ordinance that makes talaq-e-biddat or instant triple talaq a criminal offenc The accused will be sentenced for a maximum term of three years in jail. President Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent for the cleared ordinance.
- The new law incorporates safeguards, including a provision for bail to an accused before the start of the trial. Instant triple talaq remains a non-bailableoffence and should approach a magistrate for bail even before trial.
· Chennai airport to get facial recognition system
- Airports Authority of India(AAI) said that Chennai Airport will be soon getting facial recognition technology under the ‘DigiYatra’ scheme which will soon be implemented by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. This technology will capture the image of a passenger and scan the ticket so that there is no need for the passengers to wait in queues at the entrance.
- Also if someone who travels with a fake ticket or with the boarding card of another the system will find out immediately and won’t allow the passenger. It also ensuresbetter security for the airport.
GPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GPSC Prelims and GPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GPSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- GPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022